It seems to me that during the past few weeks, in which my life has consisted of being hunted by evil cults, battling all manner of abomination, and dragging the half dead body of my childhood mentor all over bloody All That Is, I have neglected to take things seriously. During the past trials all this talk of The Firsts, and Seconds, and Thirds, and Keepers and Chaos, has been just that. Talk. I've left the research, planning, and scheming to my allies, and childhood friends. I fight with them, and help protect them best I can with my blades. That was my roll...Well that and driving the bloody wagon. But now I can no longer simply sit back and let these things happen around me, ignoring all relevance. Things have come too far. Enemies have been named, and real tangible goals have been set. This is now very real.
For the first time I am starting to see the evidence that all the fairy tails of our development were actually skewed tellings of a dark and terrible history, that now against all reason involves myself. So they think we are planning on opening some ancient gate and releasing the evil forces of the fallen brother. They believe it so much they are doing everything in their power to kill us. So our plan? Travel to the most vile and uncharted reaches of the land, battle the monsters that reside there and find THEM an amulet THEY can use agains US (for all we know). Not only that, but we are escorting the very fool that first tried to kill us, and poisoned Ezra, back home to the bleeding headquarters of this souless cult!
All feelings of freedom and peace of mind at being away from the path of danger are gone. Now I have put myself directly onto the road of least comphort, dwelling entirley in the realm of "Quite possible could die today". The hands are dealt, the stakes are high, and we are going all in. But will they be able to call our bluff? Or will they fold us and sweep us under their carpet of lies? Sif help me, I can't stop smiling.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment