Bloody black raven.... I hate being found so easily. Curse Ezra and his tricks.
I can't lie to myself though, its comforting to once again look upon the faces of my childhood friends. By the gods how we've changed. Two of the younger ones went off and joined churches. Regular army boys...Just a few steps above town guards if you ask me. The other seems just as tenacious, even if he doesn't parade around in his theologically advertising plate armor. As expected trouble found me...well...us. We burned down Ezra's home. Welcome home sons of the Del.
I must remain at least reasonable. I can't forget these are my friends. They were once, anyway.I only hope the feeling of brotherhood returns soon, for as it is I trust not a one of them. Not even the old lying coot. Rubies..pah. But they don't know what I have done, or the places I have been...They only know me as the old Anteel. This is in my favor. I will remain the hunter, and simply help my old friends, assuming they don't try to dance directly into the flames of conflict. I had hoped to escape such a lifestyle. Survival is key. My own.
Now we head off to some unknown town to find more holy men to poke around into Old Ezra's fatal wound. I knew he wasn't as tough as he always claimed. They cut up and cooked some poor fool lizad-kin and golden boy rode off after him once they let him into the wild. Back towards town no doubt. Pointless. Now I am left with a dying mentor from decades ago and two old friend who found a calling in life....Hunting men like me. This does not bode well for the last of the Derhilyans...
-Anteel
I can't lie to myself though, its comforting to once again look upon the faces of my childhood friends. By the gods how we've changed. Two of the younger ones went off and joined churches. Regular army boys...Just a few steps above town guards if you ask me. The other seems just as tenacious, even if he doesn't parade around in his theologically advertising plate armor. As expected trouble found me...well...us. We burned down Ezra's home. Welcome home sons of the Del.
I must remain at least reasonable. I can't forget these are my friends. They were once, anyway.I only hope the feeling of brotherhood returns soon, for as it is I trust not a one of them. Not even the old lying coot. Rubies..pah. But they don't know what I have done, or the places I have been...They only know me as the old Anteel. This is in my favor. I will remain the hunter, and simply help my old friends, assuming they don't try to dance directly into the flames of conflict. I had hoped to escape such a lifestyle. Survival is key. My own.
Now we head off to some unknown town to find more holy men to poke around into Old Ezra's fatal wound. I knew he wasn't as tough as he always claimed. They cut up and cooked some poor fool lizad-kin and golden boy rode off after him once they let him into the wild. Back towards town no doubt. Pointless. Now I am left with a dying mentor from decades ago and two old friend who found a calling in life....Hunting men like me. This does not bode well for the last of the Derhilyans...
-Anteel
No comments:
Post a Comment