That stupid bird.
I could be studying the Astine flower right now, and I would be, if that bird hadn't found me. Instead I'm lying in a thicket, waiting for a lizard man to regain conciousness.
I knew that my trip back home was because of trouble, but I had no idea it would've been this bad. I thought maybe Ezra had gotten so old he couldn't live at home and maybe they were trying to move him out of his house. Possibly he had taken to the bottle and maybe he was in jail because of it. Worse case I thought maybe he woudld've lost his house in a bet or something, but I wouldn't have guessed that he would've been in jail for murder.
Seeing some of the boys from childhood was a pleasent thing to come home to. All 3 of the guys that I kinda figured would grow up to be the adventuring sort were here. We didn't a lot of catching up time, about as soon as i got into town we got down to business. Getting Ezra out of jail was pretty simple. Rhys had seen to that. Clerics sometimes make me a bit uneasy, but it was nothing short of a miracle what i saw.
The trouble came AFTER the jail though. While at Ezra's house, picking up a few things before we left town, we were ambushed. A group of lizard men, and the elf. I've put down a few bad days in my time, and everyone of them deserved it, but none of them felt it. One arrow right between the eyes. Its just easier that way.
He dodged it.
Not completely, I did get the eye. But it should've been a kill shot. I will finish what i started. No one comes into my town, burns houses, dodges my arrows, and just waltzes away.
We got out of town, but Ezra took a bad wound to the belly. A wound that cannot be healed by Rhys. We also got a lizardman to pinch some info out of. He had very little. So if he doesn't have the info, atleast he can lead me too some info. As soon as he wakes up..
The List:
The Elf With One Eye
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment