Friday, February 6, 2009

The greater good, and all that...

A nice warm breeze blows. Sitting in the grass near the spring is very relaxing. Crosslegged in the grass the archer contemplates. Focus, that is what it is all about. The priests of the wall scrambling about, Rhys shoutting orders to this grunt or that one were all zoned out. All ignored. Focus.
“So it seems that you are following in your father’s footsteps afterall, eh Jeth?”.
“Dad?” the archer asks surprised. Spinning around to look at his father, exactally as he remembered him nearly 10 years ago. The image starts to shimmer out of existance.
“Focus, Jeth. Keep focus.”
The image solidfied.
“So you found of the order of the bow. I never told you, but i was an agent of the order. May of the times when I told you I was out performing, I was out on missions, fighting the greater evil and all that. Just follow the teachings, keep focus, and know I’ll always be with you, guiding your aim.”
With that the image vanished.
Jeth now knew what was driving him. Knew why he was on this crazy quest.

No comments: